- Title: Puigdemont lawyer's offices raided in unrelated drug case
- Date: 21st October 2019
- Summary: MADRID, SPAIN (OCTOBER 21, 2019) (REUTERS) SPANISH LAWYER GONZALO BOYE ARRIVING TO HIS OFFICE BOYE ENTERING OFFICE FOLLOWED BY POLICE VARIOUS OF POLICE OUTSIDE OFFICE VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF LAW OFFICES
- Embargoed: 4th November 2019 14:01
- Keywords: Spanish National Court Gonzalo Boye investigation Carles Puigdemont
- Location: MADRID, SPAIN AND BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
- City: MADRID, SPAIN AND BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
- Country: Spain
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice
- Reuters ID: LVA001B21J807
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The Spanish National Court has launched an investigation into money laundering in a drug trafficking case, that included the raiding of the offices and home of lawyer Gonzalo Boye, a judicial source said on Monday (October 21).
According to various Spanish media, the operation is linked to the Galician drug dealer Sito MiÃ±anco, whom Boye represents.
Boye, a lawyer involved in cases of special media relevance, is one of the lawyers of the Catalan separatist leader, Carles Puigdemont.
It was not possible to obtain immediate comments from Boye, while Puigdemont criticized the Spanish justice operation via Twitter, saying it was trying to hinder the work of the lawyer.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None