- Title: Japan PM Abe meets foreign dignitaries ahead of Emperor's enthronement ceremony
- Date: 21st October 2019
- Summary: TOKYO, JAPAN (OCTOBER 21, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** JAPANESE PRIME MINISTER, SHINZO ABE, AND MYANMAR STATE COUNSELLOR, AUNG SAN SUU KYI, ENTERING MEETING ROOM / ABE AND SUU KYI SHAKING HANDS AND POSING FOR PHOTOS / ABE AND SUU KYI SITTING MEETING IN PROGRESS ABE AND PALESTINIAN PRESIDENT, MAHMOUD ABBAS ENTERING MEETING ROOM ABE AND ABBAS SHAKING HANDS AND POSING FOR PHOTOS ABBAS SITTING DOWN MEETING IN PROGRESS ABE AND SPAIN'S KING FELIPE ENTERING MEETING ROOM / ABE AND KING FELIPE SHAKING HANDS AND POSING FOR PHOTOS/ KING FELIPE SITTING DOWN VARIOUS OF MEETING IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 4th November 2019 10:16
- Keywords: Aung San Suu Kyi Qatar's Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas Japan Spain's King Felipe Indian President Ram Nath Kovind Tokyo enthronement ceremony Emperor Naruhito Japanese Prime minister Shinzo Abe
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN
- City: TOKYO, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA002B21G287
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Monday (October 21) began a series of bilateral meetings with foreign dignitaries who are in Tokyo for Emperor Naruhito's enthronement ceremony taking place on Tuesday (October 22).
Leaders from around the world arrived one after another at Haneda Airport amid heightened security and an increase in police patrols.
Abe met with guests including Myanmar State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, and Spain's King Felipe at the Akasaka Palace. Abe's series of meetings were planned to last until Friday (October 25).
Japanese Emperor Naruhito is set to proclaim his enthronement on Tuesday in a centuries-old ceremony attended by some 2,000 people, including heads of state and other dignitaries from more than 170 countries.
(Production: Akira Tomoshige, Hideto Sakai, Akiko Okamoto)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None