- Title: Lebanese protesters in streets for seventh night
- Date: 23rd October 2019
- Summary: VARIOUS OF PROTESTERS GATHERED, WAVING FLAGS
- Embargoed: 6th November 2019 18:14
- Keywords: Lebanon protests night Lebanon protests night protests
- Location: BEIRUT AND TRIPOLI, LEBANON
- City: BEIRUT AND TRIPOLI, LEBANON
- Country: Lebanon
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,Civil Unrest
- Reuters ID: LVA002B2BKFUV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Protesters took to the streets of Lebanon on Wednesday (October 23) as unprecedented demonstrations against the political elite which have swept across the country entered their seventh evening.
Demonstrators waved flags and let off flares as large numbers of people lined the streets.
In an effort to restore public buildings to the people, protesters staged a film screening in Beirut's iconic 'The Egg' building, an unfinished cinema built in 1965.
Lebanese leaders are discussing a possible government reshuffle, sources said on Wednesday. With a population of 6 million people including around 1 million Syrian refugees, Lebanon has been swept by protests against politicians blamed for corruption and waste in a state mired in debt and economic crisis.
(Production: Alaa Kanaan, Walid Saleh, Yara Abi Nader, Louisa Naks)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.