- Title: Kante and Barkley miss training ahead of Chelsea's Ajax trip
- Date: 22nd October 2019
- Summary: STOKE D'ABERNON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (OCTOBER 22, 2019) (REUTERS) CHELSEA STRIKERS OLIVIER GIROUD (LEFT) AND TAMMY ABRAHAM WALK TO TRAINING PITCH MICHY BATSHUAYI CALLUM HUDSON-ODOI CHELSEA MANAGER FRANK LAMPARD TRAINING PITCH PLAYERS WARMING UP ABRAHAM CESAR AZPILICUETA TALKING TO COACH TRAINING SESSION LAMPARD LOOKING ON TRAINING GROUND VARIOUS OF PLAYERS TRAINING LAMPARD WITH ASSISTANTS VARIOUS OF PLAYERS JOGGING TRAINING GROUND VARIOUS OF PRACTICE MATCH LAMPARD TRAINING GROUND
- Embargoed: 5th November 2019 11:46
- Keywords: Soccer Champions League Chelsea Ajax Lampard
- Location: STOKE D'ABERNON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: STOKE D'ABERNON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA001B26JRJZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Chelsea look likely to be without N'Golo Kante and Ross Barkley for their trip to the Netherlands play Ajax Amsterdam in the Champions League on Wednesday (October 23).
Neither midfielder trained on Tuesday before Chelsea fly out to face Group H leaders Ajax in a vital match for the London club who sit behind the Dutch champions and Valencia in the standings.
Brazilian midfielder Willian scored a vital late goal in Lille to give Frank Lampard's side a 2-1 victory in the last round of matches.
(Production: Andy Ragg)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None