- Title: Hamilton gets boxing tips from Julio Cesar Chavez ahead of Mexican GP
- Date: 24th October 2019
- Summary: ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** HAMILTON IN THE RING WHILE ANNOUNCER INTRODUCES MULTIPLE-TIME WORLD CHAMPION ACROSS THREE WEIGHT DIVISIONS, JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ HAMILTON (RIGHT) SPARRING WITH CHAVEZ (LEFT) HAMILTON AND CHAVEZ'S LEGS / HAMILTON DURING SPARRING HAMILTON AND CHAVEZ EMBRACING BEFORE ANNOUNCER RAISES BOTH OF THEIR HANDS IN THE AIR
- Embargoed: 7th November 2019 01:45
- Keywords: Lewis Hamilton Mercedes Formula One Mexican Grand Prix world championship
- Location: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
- City: MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
- Country: Mexico
- Topics: Motor Racing,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA002B2BJD4V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton attended a training session in Mexico City on Wednesday (October 23) along with some local sporting stars ahead of Sunday's (October 27) Mexican Grand Prix.
Forming part of a promotional event, Hamilton received boxing training tips from former multiple-time world champion across three weight divisions, Julio Cesar Chavez, and worked out with former Mexico and Barcelona defender Rafa Marquez.
Hamilton can mathematically secure a sixth title on Sunday, which would take him one away from equalling Michael Schumacher's record of seven.
To do so, he would need to outscore team mate Valtteri Bottas by 14 points at a track Hamilton has not finished on podium since 2016 despite having bagged his last two championships in the Mexican capital.
(Production: Stefan Haskins, Roberto Ramirez, Esmundo Diaz)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None