- Title: Japan's Abe meets foreign dignitaries following emperor's enthronement
- Date: 23rd October 2019
- Summary: TOKYO, JAPAN (OCTOBER 23, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** JAPANESE PRIME MINISTER SHINZO ABE AND CHINESE VICE PRESIDENT WANG QISHAN WALKING IN AND SHAKING HANDS/ WANG AND ABE SITTING DOWN/ WANG LOOKING ON ABE AND WANG SITTING ABE AND THAI PRIME MINISTER PRAYUTH CHAN-OCHA WALKING INTO ROOM ABE AND PRAYUTH SHAKING HANDS/ PRAYUTH SITTING DOWN ABE AND PRAYUTH SITTING ABE AND BRAZILIAN PRESIDENT JAIR BOLSONARO WALKING INTO ROOM ABE AND BOLSONARO SHAKING HANDS/ BOLSONARO SITTING DOWN ABE, BOLSONARO, AND JAPANESE AND BRAZILIAN DELEGATIONS TAKING SEATS FOR MEETING
- Embargoed: 6th November 2019 08:57
- Keywords: Prime Minister Shinzo Abe Chinese Vice President Wang Qishan Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-Ocha Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro emperor enthronement Tokyo Japan
- Location: TOKYO JAPAN
- City: TOKYO JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001B2BFP6V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Wednesday (October 23) met with foreign dignitaries from China, Thailand and Brazil just after their attendance at Emperor's Naruhito's enthronement ceremony.
Abe held bilateral meetings with Chinese Vice President Wang Qishan, Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-Ocha, and Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro.
Wang presented Abe with a congratulatory message for Emperor Naruhito from Chinese President Xi Jinping, while Abe exchanged views with Thailand's Prayuth on the upcoming November ASEAN-related Summit meetings, an official government press release said.
Abe is also scheduled to meet with South Korean Prime Minister Lee Nak-yon on Thursday (October 24), which will be the highest-level talks between the two countries since their recent diplomatic spat.
(Production: Akira Tomoshige, Akiko Okamoto)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None