- Title: Couture meets high-street in Giambattista Valli, H & M collaboration
- Date: 25th October 2019
- Summary: ROME, ITALY (OCTOBER 24, 2019) (REUTERS) MODEL WEARING BLACK TULLE DRESS AND LEATHER BOMBER JACKET VARIOUS OF U.S. MODEL KENDALL JENNER WEARING PINK TULLE DRESS MALE MODEL WEARING TIGER-EFFECT SUIT MALE MODEL WEARING FLORAL JUMPER OVER CAMOUFLAGE DESIGN TROUSERS MODEL IN PINK LACE AND NETTING DRESS, WITH LACE RED ANKLE BOOTS VARIOUS OF MALE MODEL IN MILITARY STYLE BOMBER JACKET OVER FLECKED TROUSERS VARIOUS OF MODEL WEARING KNEE-HIGH WHITE SOCKS WITH HEARTS AT TOP WITH ONE-SHOULDER SHORT FLORAL DRESS MODEL WEARING LONG FLORAL DRESS OVER CHUNKY RED PATENT SHOES MALE MODEL WEARING GLITTER SUIT VARIOUS OF MODEL WEARING LONG FLORAL DRESS MODEL WEARING LEOPARD-EFFECT FAKE FUR COAT VARIOUS OF MODELS IN COLLECTION VARIOUS OF MODEL WEARING SHORT-FRONTED, LONG-BACK TULLE DRESS MODEL IN SHORT-FRONTED, LONG-BACK TULLE DRESS/MALE MODEL IN SEQUINNED SUIT MODEL WEARING LACE ANKLE SOCKS UNDER BOW- SHOES AND ABOVE-THE-KNEE DRESS MODEL WEARING SEQUINNED SHORTS AND JACKET PLUS-SIZE MODEL WEARING SHORT-FRONTED, LONG-BACK TULLE DRESS WITH GIAMBATTISTA VALLI LOGOED SWEAT TOP MODEL WEARING SHORT BEADED DRESS MODEL IN COLLECTION PLUS-SIZE MODEL IN BEADED DRESS WITH TULLE SKIRT VARIOUS OF MODELS IN COLLECTION AUDIENCE/ITALIAN MODEL VITTORIA CERRETTI DESIGNER GIAMBATTISTA VALLI WALKING WITH U.S. MODEL KENDALL JENNER WALKING BEHIND IN RED TULLE DRESS
- Embargoed: 8th November 2019 10:10
- Keywords: Giambattista Valli H&M fashion show Villa Pamphilj Rome Kendall Jenner
- Location: ROME, ITALY
- City: ROME, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA001B2LG1FX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: High-end fashion met budget high-street retail at a glittering catwalk show in Rome on Thursday evening (October 24), where Italian designer Giambattista Valli presented his new collection for Sweden's H & M label in Rome's sumptuous 17th-century Palazzo Doria Pamphilj.
Against a backdrop of chandeliered gilded salons, models including Kendall Jenner strutted down a pink catwalk in an array of feminine and glamorous gowns, a staple for Paris-based Valli, whose designs are often seen on the red carpet.
Voluminous tiered frocks came in pink, red or black tulle and were strapless, one-shouldered or asymmetric: short at the front and long at the back. There were also floaty floral print dresses, hooded jumpers, sequined or frilled tops and embellished jackets.
The looks were accessorised with embroidered fishnet tights or long white socks printed with hearts just below the knee. Footwear included sandals, lace-ups and short lace boots while jewellery came as pearl necklaces and sparkling chokers.
The Rome-born designer, who presents his own ready-to-wear and haute couture collections in Paris, also presented menswear creations in the collaboration, including sparkling sequined trouser suits. Male models also wore floral knits and tiger-prints jackets and trousers.
Animal prints featured elsewhere in the line, which hits H&M stores worldwide on Nov. 7.
The Swedish budget label has become known for its designer collaborations, which have previously included Balmain, Versace and Karl Lagerfeld.
(Production: Carmelo Camilli, Cristiano Corvino, Eleanor Biles)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.