- Title: Draghi leaves final news conference as ECB head to reporters' applause
- Date: 24th October 2019
- Summary: FRANKFURT, GERMANY (OCTOBER 24, 2019) (REUTERS) OUTGOING ECB PRESIDENT MARIO DRAGHI GETTING UP AFTER CLOSURE OF HIS FINAL NEWS CONFERENCE AS ECB HEAD AS APPLAUSE IS HEARD REPORTERS APPLAUDING DRAGHI LEAVING PODIUM AS ECB VICE-PRESIDENT LUIS DE GUINDOS PUTS HIS ARM AROUND HIM AND THEY WALK OFF
- Embargoed: 7th November 2019 14:06
- Keywords: Mario Draghi ECB final news press conference reporters applauding applause
- Location: FRANKFURT, GERMANY
- City: FRANKFURT, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA001B2GG425
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: European Central Bank President Mario Draghi was bid farewell by a round of applause from reporters in Frankfurt on Thursday after he ended his final news conference as the head of the ECB.
As Draghi stepped off the podium, ECB Vice-President Luis de Guindos put his arm around the Italian before they walked off together.
Earlier this month, European Union leaders confirmed the appointment of Christine Lagarde as the new chief of the European Central Bank, replacing Draghi from November 1.
(Production: Andreas Buerger, Michele Sani)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None