- Title: Amazon holiday quarter sales forecast falls short of estimates
- Date: 24th October 2019
- Summary: ROBBINSVILLE, NEW JERSEY, UNITED STATES (FILE) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF AMAZON FULFILLMENT CENTER INTERIORS, SHOWING WORKERS AND PACKAGES VARIOUS OF AMAZON FULFILLMENT CENTER EXTERIORS
- Embargoed: 7th November 2019 17:28
- Keywords: Amazon earnings results Jeff Bezos Amazon Web Services
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK; ALLENTOWN, PENNSYLVANIA; ROBBINSVILLE, NEW JERSEY; BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS; DALLAS, TEXAS, UNITED STATES / ISTANBUL, TURKEY / UNKNOWN LOCATIONS
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK; ALLENTOWN, PENNSYLVANIA; ROBBINSVILLE, NEW JERSEY; BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS; DALLAS, TEXAS, UNITED STATES / ISTANBUL, TURKEY / UNKNOWN LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA002B2GKEX9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Amazon forecast fourth-quarter revenue below analysts' estimates on Thursday (October 24), as the world's biggest online retailer faces fierce competition from Walmart and other e-commerce players, sending its shares down 7%.
The company forecast net sales in the range of $80.0 billion to $86.5 billion for the fourth quarter.
Analysts were expecting revenue of $87.37 billion, according to IBES data from Refinitiv.
(Production: Aleksandra Michalska)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None