- Title: Brazil's Bolsonaro meets China's Xi and Li, aiming to boost trade
- Date: 25th October 2019
- Summary: ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** BILATERAL MEETING IN PROGRESS XI SPEAKING BOLSONARO SPEAKING BILATERAL MEETING IN PROGRESS CHINESE FOREIGN MINISTER WANG YI SITTING DOWN WITH BRAZILIAN FOREIGN MINISTER ERNESTO ARAUJO FOR SIGNING CEREMONY BRAZILIAN OFFICIAL TAKING PICTURES WITH SMARTPHONE WANG AND ARAUJO SIGNING DOCUMENT BOLSONARO SITTING WANG AND ARAUJO SHAKING HANDS AND EXCHANGING SIGNED DOCUMENTS XI CLAPPING SIGNING CEREMONY IN PROGRESS CHINESE PREMIER LI KEQIANG SHAKING HANDS WITH BOLSONARO BILATERAL MEETING IN PROGRESS LI SPEAKING BOLSONARO SPEAKING BILATERAL MEETING IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 8th November 2019 11:10
- Keywords: China Brazil Trade Agriculture Xi Jinping Jair Bolsonaro
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA005B2LGDAF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro met with Chinese state leaders on Friday (October 25) amid hopes of increasing bilateral trade.
Bolsonaro first attended a welcome ceremony with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping at the Great Hall of the People, followed by a bilateral meeting and signing ceremony. Bolsonaro also met with Premier Li Keqiang for a bilateral meeting.
Earlier in the day, Chinese Vice Premier Hu Chunhua said at a news conference that China is willing to increase its imports of agricultural and industrial goods from Brazil in order to enhance bilateral trade.
China is Brazil's biggest trading partner and largest source of foreign investment. Last year, bilateral trade rose to a record $100 billion.
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, who was also at the seminar, is in China to mark the 45th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties between the countries.
(Production: Thomas Suen)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None