- Title: Palestinian killed, two wounded in Israel-Gaza counter strikes
- Date: 2nd November 2019
- Summary: KHAN YOUNIS, GAZA (NOVEMBER 2, 2019) (REUTERS) GAZA'S SKYLINE/ ISRAELI AIR STRIKE HITTING/ AUDIO OF EXPLOSION (NIGHT SHOT) AMBULANCE ARRIVING AT HOSPITAL (NIGHT SHOT) INURED PERSON BEING UNLOADED FROM AMBULANCE ON STRETCHER AND TAKEN INTO HOSPITAL (NIGHT SHOT) ANOTHER AMBULANCE ARRIVING AT HOSPITAL (NIGHT SHOT) PARAMEDICS TAKING INJURED PERSON OUT OF AMBULANCE AND RUSHING PATIENT INTO HOSPITAL (NIGHT SHOT) HOSPITAL STAFF CARRYING 27-YEAR-OLD AHMED AL-SHAHRI INSIDE HOSPITAL VARIOUS OF DOCTORS TREATING INJURED MAN SEVERAL AMBULANCES WITH LIGHTS FLASHING PARKED OUTSIDE HOSPITAL VARIOUS OF PEOPLE SIFTING THROUGH RUBBLE AND DEBRIS AT SITE OF AIR STRIKES
- Embargoed: 16th November 2019 09:34
- Keywords: Gaza Palestinian killed violence Israel rockets Hamas air strike
- Location: KHAN YOUNIS, GAZA
- City: KHAN YOUNIS, GAZA
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA001B3UEYIV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES
Palestinian militants fired a barrage of rockets at Israel and the Israeli military responded with a wave of pre-dawn air strikes in Gaza killing one man on Saturday (November 2), Palestinian and Israeli officials said.
The Israeli army said it targeted sites belonging to Hamas, the Islamist militant group which rules Gaza, after Palestinians fired 10 rockets into Israel late on Friday (November 1).
Eight of them were intercepted by missile defence systems. One projectile hit a house in a town near the border, causing damage but not casualties, police said.
In southern Gaza, medical officials and locals said a small cabin was hit, killing 27-year-old civilian Ahmed Al-Shahri and wounding two others.
None of the armed groups in Gaza claimed responsibility for firing the rockets. The Israeli military said Hamas was ultimately responsible for the attack.
(Production: Bassam Massoud, Abed Shanna, Nehad Shanna, Fadi Shanna, Roleen Tafakji)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None