- Title: Palestinians bury their dead amid second day of cross-border fighting
- Date: 13th November 2019
- Summary: BEIT HANOUN, GAZA (NOVEMBER 13, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF WOMAN CRYING AROUND BODY OF PALESTINIAN KILLED BY ISRAELI FORCES PEOPLE AROUND BODY MOURNING WOMEN FILMING SCENE MEN MOVING BODY OUT OF HOUSE MAN SHOOTING INTO AIR VARIOUS OF FUNERAL PROCESSION GAZA CITY, GAZA (NOVEMBER 13, 2019) (REUTERS) DAMAGED WINDOW MEN AROUND MOTORBIKE THAT WAS TARGETED BY ISRAELI FORCES PAIR OF SANDALS ON GROUND AFTER ISRAELI FORCES KILLED RAFAT AYYAD AND HIS TWO SONS ISLAM, 25, AND AMEER, AGED 9, CHILDREN LOOKING AT MOTORBIKE (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) GAZA RESIDENT, KHOLUOD ZABOUT,48, SAYING: "When the targeting took place, I walked out to see what happened I saw the motorbike on the ground and my husband at home was calling for ambulance. When I arrived at scene, I saw the wife (of the killed man) screaming on her son Islam and Ameer." ZABOUT AT SCENE ZABOUT WALKING AWAY VARIOUS OF FUNERAL PROCESSION
- Embargoed: 27th November 2019 12:52
- Keywords: Gaza violence Israel Palestinians funerals
- Location: BEIT HANOUN AND GAZA CITY, GAZA
- City: BEIT HANOUN AND GAZA CITY, GAZA
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA001B5DDLQF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Israeli air strikes killed 13 Palestinians in Gaza on Wednesday (November 13), medical officials said, raising the Palestinian death toll to 23 over a two-day escalation in violence since Israel launched strikes to kill an Islamic Jihad commander.
From early morning Gaza militants fired rockets into Israel and the Israeli military struck from the air, resuming after an overnight lull.
The bodies of six people were brought to Shifa hospital in taxis and ambulances early Wednesday, as relatives wept and screamed. Medics and witnesses said they were civilians who lived in densely populated neighbourhoods.
In the north of Gaza City family members said Rafat Ayyad and his two sons Islam, 25, and Ameer, aged 9, were killed by Israeli fire while rushing to hospital to visit another son who had earlier been injured in a separate attack.
The Israeli military said that it had struck at least five rocket squads on Wednesday morning. Other targets included a rocket warhead manufacturing facility, an Islamic Jihad headquarters and a weapons storage site.
Islamic Jihad confirmed that two of its militants were killed in separate Israeli strikes south of Gaza City during the morning. Medics later said another man was killed while on a motorcycle.
(Production: Fadi Shana, Arafat Barbakh, Rinat Harash)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None