- Title: PEOPLE-MAHONE/TOUSSAUDS Pop star Austin Mahone meets his wax double in New York
- Date: 11th August 2015
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (English) AUSTIN MAHONE, SINGER, SAYING: "They can hear a lot of stuff that sounds like my current single, 'Dirty Work.' Kind of like that funky Michael Jackson, Bruno Mars type of vibe. But then I also have some more cool like more slow like popish R&B type of vibes too, so it's going to be nice."
- Embargoed: 26th August 2015 13:00
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVA9O9N0E14PDG4ZPE03EEHAQGAJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: With the drop of a curtain, pop star Austin Mahone instantly became a twin at Madame Tussauds in New York on Tuesday (August 11).
"I haven't gotten use to this yet. I've been here for like ten minutes and I still can't believe it. It's amazing," said Mahone.
The American singer was in shock at the sight of his double dressed in black jeans, a white jacket and red sneakers. And for a personal touch, Mahone's silver bracelet was replicated.
"My grandmother gave this to me before she passed away and so I always wear it. So, it's just like a thing that I always have with me."
Mahone said having his wax double created was a special honor.
"They don't really make these too often with everyone, so it was a pretty big deal and I'm just happy to see it."
The Texas native started his career by posting Youtube videos of himself singing in 2010. After a slow build, the music industry took notice and Mahone is now signed to Universal records. After a five-year career he has toured with Taylor Swift and has a legion of fans dubbed the "Mahomies."
Later in 2015 the 19-year old will release his debut album. During the event he performed his new single "Dirty Work."
"They can hear a lot of stuff that sounds like my current single, 'Dirty Work.' Kind of like that funky Michael Jackson, Bruno Mars type of vibe. But then I also have some more cool like more slow like popish R&B type of vibes too, so it's going to be nice."
After the Big Apple, Mahone's figure will later move to Madame Tussauds in Orlando, Florida.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None