- Title: Senior U.S. envoy on North Korea holds meetings with South Korean counterparts
- Date: 16th December 2019
- Summary: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (DECEMBER 16, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** BIEGUN SHAKING HAND WITH SOUTH KOREA'S SPECIAL REPRESENTATIVE FOR KOREAN PENINSULA PEACE AND SECURITY AFFAIRS, LEE DO-HOON BIEGUN LEE BIEGUN AND LEE TAKING THEIR SEATS BIEGUN SPEAKING LEE SPEAKING MEETING IN PROGRESS BIEGUN SHAKING HANDS WITH SOUTH KOREA'S FIRST VICE FOREIGN MINISTER, CHO SEI-YOUNG BEIGUN AND CHO OFFICIALS TAKING THEIR SEATS VARIOUS OF BEIGUN AND CHO AT MEETING
- Embargoed: 30th December 2019 01:29
- Keywords: North Korea South Korea Stephen Biegun USA counerparts envoy meetings
- Location: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
- Reuters ID: LVA002BA854XZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Stephen Biegun, the U.S. special envoy for North Korea, held meetings with his South Korean officials on Monday (December 16) in Seoul as Pyongyang stepped up pressure on Washington.
Biegun arrived on Sunday (December 15), a day after North Korea said it made another "crucial test" at a rocket launch site to develop a strategic weapon to deter U.S. nuclear threats.
South Korea's North Korea envoy Lee Do-hoon and the first Vice Foreign Minister Cho Sei-young held meetings with Biegun to discuss the current matters with North Korea.
Biegun is also scheduled to meet with South Korean Moon Jae-in as part of his three-day stay before leaving for Tokyo to consult with his Japanese counterpart. It is unclear whether he will meet with North Korean officials at the inter-Korean border.
(Production: Daewoung Kim, Heejung Jung)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None