- Title: Ex-Trump aide Manafort in hospital due to cardiac incident -lawyer
- Date: 17th December 2019
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FILE - JUNE 27, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** FORMER TRUMP CAMPAIGN CHAIRMAN, PAUL MANAFORT WALKING INTO COURT SURROUNDED BY MEDIA AND SECURITY
- Embargoed: 31st December 2019 18:51
- Keywords: Manafort Mueller Russia Trump cardiac incident
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK / CLEVELAND, OHIO / WASHINGTON, D.C. / ALEXANDRIA,VIRGINIA, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK / CLEVELAND, OHIO / WASHINGTON, D.C. / ALEXANDRIA,VIRGINIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics,Elections/Voting
- Reuters ID: LVA001BAD86KN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, who was convicted of numerous federal crimes last year, has been hospitalized due to a cardiac incident, his lawyer said on Tuesday (December 17).
Manafort, 70, has been recovering at a Pennsylvania hospital since last Thursday under the supervision of correctional officers, ABC News reported earlier on Tuesday.
Todd Blanche, Manafort's lawyer, confirmed that he had been hospitalized but did not provide further details.
Citing sources, ABC News said Manafort is stable and could be released from the hospital soon.
Manafort worked for U.S. President Donald Trump's White House campaign for five months until August 2016, including a stint as chairman.
He is currently serving a 7-1/2-year sentence in a federal correctional facility in Pennsylvania for tax fraud, bank fraud and other charges stemming from Special Counsel Robert Mueller's probe into Russia's meddling in the 2016 presidential election.
(Production: Katharine Jackson)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None