- Title: Djokovic excited to play rising tennis talent
- Date: 19th December 2019
- Summary: ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (DECEMBER 19, 2019) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) TENNIS PLAYER, NOVAK DJOKOVIC, SAYING ABOUT THE ATP CUP DUE TO PREMIERE IN JANUARY 2020: "It's a very crowded schedule, it's true what you said, you know, it's an inaugural event that is owned by players in tournaments in ATP and it's an exciting format and it's going to be played in three different cities, group stages and then you're going to have the final eight in Sydney so I think the ATP Cup should be a great success considering Australia is a country that really nurtures sports and values tennis."
- Embargoed: 2nd January 2020 12:45
- Keywords: Abu Dhabi Novak Djokovic Rafa Nadal tennis
- Location: ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES / MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA / PARIS, FRANCE / LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- City: ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES / MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA / PARIS, FRANCE / LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: UAE
- Topics: Sport,Tennis
- Reuters ID: LVA004BAN7CXR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Tennis star Novak Djokovic believe it is a 'positive' thing that new talent is rising through the sport to challenge the established top order of players.
Djokovic, Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer have all dominated tennis for more than a decade, but the likes of Stefanos Tsitsipas has a chance to show he can beat them at the Mubadala World Tennis Championship.
Nadal echoed Djokovic's sentiments and said it is going to be 'exciting' to see what the new talent can produce in the tournament taking place in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Russian competitor Maria Sharapova is also due to appear at the event after a year blighted by injury problems. Her aim, she said, is 'to be the best again' and win majors.
This year's event runs from 19-21 December, 2019, and Djokovic will aim to retain the title he won last year.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None