- Title: U.S. foreign policy under Trump's administration 2017-2018.
- Date: 18th December 2019
- Summary: Riot police on guard in Mexico as migrants run towards northern border TIJUANA, MEXICO (FILE - NOVEMBER 25, 2018) (REUTERS) RIOT POLICE IN FORMATION, RIOT POLICE IN ANOTHER GROUP MOVING FORWARD TO CONTROL PEOPLE VARIOUS OF MIGRANTS CLIMBING UP WALL NEAR BORDER CROSSING AREA VARIOUS OF MIGRANTS CLIMBING HILL NEAR BORDER CROSSING AREA Traffic halted at Mexico-U.S. crossing as migrants run to border TIJUANA, MEXICO (FILE - NOVEMBER 25, 2018) (REUTERS) HELICOPTER FLYING OVERHEAD MIGRANTS GATHERED NEAR TRAIN MIGRANTS WALKING NEXT TO TRAIN POLICE ON U.S. SIDE OF BORDER ON TOP OF BUILDING TO OBSERVE SITUATION U.S.-MEXICO BORDER WITH TEAR GAS CLOUD NEAR THE GROUND, SOUNDS OF TEAR GAS CANISTERS BEING FIRED / HELICOPTER FLYING OVERHEAD PEOPLE IN THE DISTANCE RUNNING AWAY FROM THE TEAR GAS
- Embargoed: 1st January 2020 18:35
- Keywords: Brexit COP24 Caravan Congress EU Emmanuel Macron Guatemala. Honduras Iran Jerusalem Macron Mexico Netanyahu North Korea Nuclear Republicans Russia Saudi Arabia Theresa May Trump UK Vladimir Putin alliances climate change detention center foreign policy foreign relations global warming immigrants midterms
- Location: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- City: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics,Editors' Choice
- Reuters ID: LVA00LBAJ0BBB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS NOTE: TRUMP'S FOREIGN POLICY CONTINUES IN EDITS:
0466-USA-TRUMP/FOREIGN POLICY 2018-PART 2 AND 0467-USA-TRUMP/FOREIGN POLICY 2018-PART 3
Donald Trump assumed the office of the President of the United States with a pledge to "make America great again."
Half-way through his first term, Trump claims that task has been accomplished, telling audiences at any of his frequent political pep rallies that "our country is respected again all over the world."
But, in the arena of U.S. foreign policy, whether Trump has engineered a solidification of America's position in the world, or whether he has weakened America's status as the pre-eminent global economic, military, and moral force, is a question that is sharply debated within America's fractious politics.
Few dispute, however, that whatever Donald Trump is doing in his foreign policy, it is unlike the way any previous U.S. president operated on the global stage.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None