- Title: Fans drink beer, revel in Club World Cup atmosphere in Qatar fan zone
- Date: 20th December 2019
- Summary: FANS IN FAN ZONE FLAGS
- Embargoed: 3rd January 2020 09:17
- Location: DOHA, QATAR
- City: DOHA, QATAR
- Country: Qatar
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA007BAS662N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Football fans got a taste of what the atmosphere will be like at the World Cup - as well as a taste of beer - in Doha on Thursday (December 19).
The consumption and sale of alcohol has been a talking point ahead of the tournament, which will be held in the middle eastern country of Qatar in 2022.
Currently alcohol is only available in certain hotels, but given how widely it is drunk at football tournaments, questions have been raised as to how some fans will be able to indulge in one of their favourite activities.
Organisers have previously given assurances that it will be on sale.
This week, the Club World Cup is taking place in Qatar, involving, among others, Flamengo and Liverpool.
And fans are able to drink beer in a fan zone set up close to Doha Golf Club, for 25 Qatari rials (7 U.S. dollars). The fan zone also had performances by bands - including some from the UK - and supporters were able to sample local food.
(Production: Abdelhadi Ramahi and Iain Axon)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.