- Title: Ajax defender Blind undergoes successful heart procedure
- Date: 22nd December 2019
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (FILE - NOVEMBER 4, 2019) (REUTERS) AJAX DEFENDERS, DALEY BLIND (LEFT), AND, NOUSSAIR MAZRAOUI (RIGHT), TRAINING BLIND AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS (FILE - OCTOBER 22, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF BLIND TRAINING WITH AJAX AJAX AMSTERDAM LOGO EXTERIOR OF AJAX STADIUM
- Embargoed: 5th January 2020 16:35
- Keywords: Ajax Daley Blind Eredivisie football heart operation soccer
- Location: UNKNOWN FILMING LOCATION / LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS
- City: UNKNOWN FILMING LOCATION / LONDON, ENGLAND, UK / AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS
- Country: Netherlands
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA002BB251DR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Dutch-born Ajax Amsterdam defender Daley Blind has undergone a successful heart operation, the Eredivisie club has said.
Blind who previously played for Manchester United between 2014 and 2018, suffered from dizziness in Ajax's Champions League match against Valencia this month, but continued playing.
The 29-year-old has been fitted with a subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillator, the club confirmed on Saturday (December 21).
"The most important thing is that I'm feeling good at the moment and trying to come back as soon as possible," Blind said in a video posted on Twitter.
Blind, who was a regular starter in Ajax's incredible run to the Champions League semi-finals last season, will miss the club's January training camp in Qatar, and will continue his recovery in Amsterdam.
(Production: Francis Maguire)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None