- Title: Residents demand more fuel as as winter sets in India's Ladakh
- Date: 22nd December 2019
- Summary: LADAKH, INDIA (DECEMBER 22, 2019) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) AEROPLANE FLYING OVER SNOW COVERED MOUNTAINS VARIOUS OF ICY RIVER FLOWING PEOPLE BUYING VEGETABLES FROM STREET PEOPLE MOVING IN THE STREET CHILD SITTING BESIDE A ROOM HEATER, WATCHING TELEVISION LOCAL ROOM HEATER (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) LOCAL RESIDENT, RIYAS AHMED, SAYING: "In Leh, kerosene oil (Fuel) supply is very necessary. Earlier, kerosene oil was made available to every individual in abundance, as much as they required. Now a supply scale has been made because of which we are facing problems. In Leh, as you know, there is scarcity of wood, and they are very costly. So, we are facing problems due to this." PEOPLE STANDING/ CONTAINERS LINED UP IN A ROW VARIOUS OF MAN FILLING KEROSENE IN CONTAINERS
- Embargoed: 5th January 2020 14:54
- Keywords: Ice hockey Icy rivers Leh-Ladakh winter kerosene
- Location: LADAKH, INDIA
- City: LADAKH, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Environment,Weather
- Reuters ID: LVA001BB23RKF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: As winter hits the northern India's Himalayan territory of Ladakh, the residents of the region on Sunday (December 22) expressed their demands for kerosene oil (Fuel) to sustain the winter.
People, living in the remote region, say they face lot of problems during winters as the temperature plunges, water freezes everywhere for which special care has to be made.
Special arrangements for heat have to be made available inside homes with the help of wood, cow dung, kerosene without which it is difficult to survive.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None