- Title: Indian actress launches trailer of sports drama film on women empowerment
- Date: 24th December 2019
- Summary: MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA (DECEMBER 23, 2019) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** BOLLYWOOD ACTRESS, KANGANA RANAUT AND INDIAN FILMMAKER, ASHWINY IYER TIWARI (BLACK SAREE-INDIAN TRADITIONAL ATTIRE) ARRIVING AND POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS RANAUT AND TIWARI POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS VARIOUS OF SCREEN SHOWING POSTER OF UPCOMING SPORTS DRAMA FILM 'PANGA' (TO MESS WITH) RANAUT, INDIAN SINGER AND ACTOR, JASSIE GILL AND CHILD ACTOR, YAGYA BHASIN POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS REPORTERS (SOUNDBITE) (English and Hindi) BOLLYWOOD ACTRESS, KANGANA RANAUT, SAYING: "Kabaddi (sport) is a type of device for the film. It can beâ€¦ it's a metaphor for any dream. It is not necessary that you play Kabaddi or any sport in your life. A woman after pregnancy finds it very hard to bounce back and along with respect I think somewhere we need cooperation of entire society as well so I think when I heard this story so I cried because I never thought about it so closely that what a mother feels." TIWARI SPEAKING REPORTER ASKING QUESTION (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) INDIAN SINGER AND ACTOR, JASSIE GILL, SAYING: "When I got to know about the story, I thought it is such a story in which there is affinity in that, the thing and place from which I feel I have come (it is there in the story) and I thought I could give my hundred percent to this so this was the biggest reason of doing this film." REPORTER RECORDING VIDEO AS OTHERS SIT INDIAN SINGER AND SHANKAR MAHADEVAN CLICKING SELFIE ALONG WITH RANAUT, TIWARI, GILL, BHASIN AND INDIAN COMPOSER, LOY MENDONSA/ RANAUT TALKING TO MAHADEVAN RANAUT LOOKING ON RANAUT POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS
- Embargoed: 7th January 2020 06:57
- Keywords: India Kangana Ranaut Mumbai Panga film sport drama trailer launch
- Location: MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA
- City: MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA001BBC3Z2N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Bollywood actress, Kangana Ranaut launched the trailer of upcoming sports drama film 'Panga' (to mess with) on (December 23) in India's western Mumbai city.
Directed by Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari, 'Panga' depicts the journey of a "Kabaddi (sport) player, Jaya Nigam, who with the support of her family tries to rebuild her career after becoming a mother.
Ranaut, who plays Jaya, along with Tiwari, Indian singer and actor, Jassie Gill, Indian composers, Shankar Mahadevan, Loy Mendonsa and child actor, Yagya Bhasin posed for photographs for the shutterbugs during the event as they promoted their film.
"A woman after pregnancy finds it very hard to bounce back and along with respect I think somewhere we need cooperation of entire society as well. So, I think when I heard this story so I actually cried because I never thought about it so closely that what a mother feels," said Ranaut.
The film will release across the country on 24 January, 2020.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None