- Title: London hosts exhibition devoted to Saudi's late King Faisal
- Date: 23rd December 2019
- Summary: VARIOUS OF PHOTOS SHOWING YOUNG FAISAL DURING 1919 VISIT VARIOUS OF PHOTOS SHOWING KING FAISAL WITH QUEEN ELIZABETH
- Embargoed: 6th January 2020 16:03
- Keywords: "A Life at the Heart of the 20th Century" Britain Kind Faisal bin Abdulaziz Saudi Arabia UK
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: Saudi Arabia
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA002BB73LUD
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A London exhibition is opening a window into the past of a remarkable journey to Britain by a young prince who later became one of Saudi Arabia's most influential monarchs.
"Faisal: A Life at the Heart of the 20th Century" exhibition is showing a collection of artefacts, photos, objects and personal belongings of late Saudi King Faisal bin Abdulaziz during his first visit to Britain in 1919.
The then 13-year-old prince was sent on a mission by his father, ruler of Najd Abdulaziz Al Saud at the time. Travelling outside Arabia for the first time in his life, Faisal was groomed to bolster his political career, decades before he became king of Saudi Arabia in 1964.
Marking 100 years since the months-long trip took place, the exhibition is divided into seven chapters, each representing a single stop of Faisal's memorable journey, including Najd, India, London, England, Wales and Ireland, among others.
It is organised by King Faisal Centre for Research and Islamic Studies and runs until January 10.
(Production: Will Russell, Noah Browning, Mai Shams El-Din)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Footage contains photographs or artwork. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing this clip.