- Title: Bollywood's Karan Johar launches book on late legendary actress in Mumbai
- Date: 23rd December 2019
- Summary: MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA (DECEMBER 22, 2019) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** BOLLYWOOD FILMMAKER KARAN JOHAR (RED ATTIRE) UNVEILING A BOOK BASED ON THE LIFE AND CAREER OF VETERAN LATE ACTRESS SRIDEVI AUDIENCE JOHAR POSING FOR PHOTOS WITH THE BOOK IN HIS HANDS WITH AUTHOR OF THE BOOK, 'SRIDEVI - THE ETERNAL SCREEN GODDESS', SATYARTH NAYAK (THIRD FROM LEFT), AND OTHER GUESTS AUDIENCE (SOUNDBITE) (English) BOLLYWOOD FILMMAKER, KARAN JOHAR, SAYING: "Every moment of Sridevi's (on-screen), it just takes me back to my entire childhood, my entire being, my passion and love for the movies, my absolute obsession with Hindi cinema. I think she has a large part to do with it. I can't recall the moment where I thought I fell madly in love with her. I was just her biggest fan." NAYAK SPEAKING AS JOHAR AND OTHERS LISTEN AUDIENCE PEOPLE BUYING THE BOOK VARIOUS OF BOOK ON DISPLAY WOMAN LOOKING AT THE BOOK
- Embargoed: 6th January 2020 15:55
- Keywords: Bollywood India Karan Johar Mumbai Sridevi book launch
- Location: MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA
- City: MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Books,Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA001BB748R3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Bollywood filmmaker Karan Johar launched a book, 'Sridevi - The Eternal Screen Goddess', on Sunday (December 22) in Mumbai, based on the life and times of late legendary Hindi films actress, Sridevi.
Penned by Satyarth Nayak, the book traces the five-decade-long journey of Sridevi, first as a child actor and then moving on to being one of the first few women superstars of Bollywood.
Sridevi's 300 film career began at the age four and culminated in her becoming one of Hindi cinema's biggest female superstars. The actress was also awarded the Padma Shri, India's fourth-highest civilian honor in 2013.
She died at a wedding in Dubai aged 54.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None