- Title: Ecuador's Reventador volcano lights up night sky with mighty explosion
- Date: 23rd December 2019
- Summary: REVENTADOR, ECUADOR (DECEMBER 22, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF EXPLOSION AT REVENTADOR VOLCANO SPEWING INCANDESCENT ROCK AND LAVA GOING DOWN ITS SLOPES VARIOUS OF REVENTADOR VOLCANO IN THE DAY AFTER NIGHT EXPLOSIONS WITH ASH FROM EXPLOSIONS COVERING SURROUNDS
- Embargoed: 6th January 2020 01:05
- Keywords: Ecuador Reventador explosion incadescent rock volcano
- Location: REVENTADOR, ECUADOR
- City: REVENTADOR, ECUADOR
- Country: Ecuador
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents,Earthquakes/Volcanoes/Tsunami,Editors' Choice
- Reuters ID: LVA001BB742FB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Ecuador's rumbling Reventador volcano lit up the night sky on Sunday (December 22), spewing incandescent rock and lava down its slopes.
Reventador is one of the country's most remote volcanos, located in Ecuador's Amazon region.
It is also one of the most active in the country, with the Volcanic Ash Advisory Centre (VAAC) based in the USA reporting constant activity at the site.
The last major eruption at Reventador took place in 2002, with a massive ash cloud of some 17-km-high reaching the capital and affecting some 2 million people.
(Production: Cristina Munoz)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None