- Title: Shopping area turns into hub for Christmas festivities in Jordan
- Date: 25th December 2019
- Summary: BOYS AND GIRLS WALKING (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) JORDANIAN CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS AT BOULEVARD, WAFA AL-RAYYAN, SAYING: "I went to Europe and the U.S. and celebrated Christmas there, but (Christmas) in Jordan is something else, especially with the family. We have everything here, (the atmosphere) abroad is not better than here, at all. We are very happy, I come to the Boulevard every year, and every time I see something new." PEOPLE POSING FOR SELFIE WITH MAN WEARING SANTA CLAUS COSTUME PEOPLE GATHERING AT THE BOULEVARD
- Embargoed: 8th January 2020 10:40
- Keywords: Chirstmas celebrations Christmas in Jordan Christmas season in Jordan Jordan Society
- Location: AMMAN, JORDAN
- City: AMMAN, JORDAN
- Country: Jordan
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA005BBH3N11
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Santa Claus sliding on a zip line and throwing gifts at visitors is the newest sign of a festive Christmas season in Jordan this year, as thousands flock to a main shopping area in the capital Amman.
At The Boulevard, Jordanians from all ages, cultures and religions converge to enjoy Christmas cheer since the beginning of the month.
Various entertainment activities are designed to regale thousands of visitors this year from across Jordan and beyond, including music performances and local bazaars.
Organisers say that visitors are expected to reach 500,000 by the end of this month, up from 420,000 last year.
(Production: Mohammad al-Ramahi, Muath Freij)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None