- Title: Shopping area turns into hub for Christmas festivities in Jordan
- Date: 25th December 2019
- Summary: PEOPLE GATHERING MAN WEARING SANTA CLAUS COSTUME ON ZIP LINE THROWING GIFTS AT CROWD PEOPLE GATHERING TO CATCH GIFTS THROWN FROM ABOVE VARIOUS OF WOMAN FILMING SCENE WITH MOBILE PHONE (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) JORDANIAN CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS WITH WIFE AT BOULEVARD, YOUSEF HIJAZIN, SAYING: "It is really exciting when the whole family, young and old, are targeted with certain activities. It is such an exciting gathering for everyone, Muslims and Christians, and this is the most important thing. These activities combines all Jordan's cultures, differences, and religions whether Islam or Christianity. There is no difference, whether during Christmas or Ramadan." VISITORS GATHERING AROUND CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS
- Embargoed: 8th January 2020 10:40
- Keywords: Chirstmas celebrations Christmas in Jordan Christmas season in Jordan Jordan Society
- Location: AMMAN, JORDAN
- City: AMMAN, JORDAN
- Country: Jordan
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA003BBH3N11
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Santa Claus sliding on a zip line and throwing gifts at visitors is the newest sign of a festive Christmas season in Jordan this year, as thousands flock to a main shopping area in the capital Amman.
At The Boulevard, Jordanians from all ages, cultures and religions converge to enjoy Christmas cheer since the beginning of the month.
Various entertainment activities are designed to regale thousands of visitors this year from across Jordan and beyond, including music performances and local bazaars.
Organisers say that visitors are expected to reach 500,000 by the end of this month, up from 420,000 last year.
(Production: Mohammad al-Ramahi, Muath Freij)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None