- Title: China and U.S. 'in close communication' on phase one trade deal
- Date: 25th December 2019
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (DECEMBER 25, 2019) (REUTERS) CHINESE FOREIGN MINISTRY SPOKESMAN GENG SHUANG ARRIVING AT DAILY NEWS CONFERENCE JOURNALISTS SITTING (SOUNDBITE) (Mandarin) CHINESE FOREIGN MINISTRY SPOKESMAN, GENG SHUANG, SAYING: "For the issues you're concerned about on the phase one deal signing, I can tell you that both sides' economic and trade teams are in close communication about detailed arrangements for the (deal's) signing and other follow up (work)." NEWS CONFERENCE ONGOING EXTERIOR OF CHINA'S FOREIGN MINISTRY CHINESE NATIONAL FLAG FLYING
- Embargoed: 8th January 2020 08:31
- Keywords: Donald Trump U.S.- China trade war Xi Jinping phase 1 deal
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Government/Politics,International Trade
- Reuters ID: LVA001BBH2DZB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Speaking in Beijing on Wednesday (December 25), Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said trade teams for both countries were in close contact.
"Both sides' economic and trade teams are in close communication about detailed arrangements for the deal's signing and other follow-up work," Geng told a daily news briefing, without elaborating further.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday (December 24) he and Chinese President Xi Jinping will have a signing ceremony to sign the first phase of the U.S.-China trade deal agreed to this month.
United States Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer said on Dec. 13 that representatives from both countries would sign the Phase 1 trade deal agreement in the first week of January.
(Production: Fang Nanlin)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None