- Title: China and US stay in close communication on phase one trade deal
- Date: 26th December 2019
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (DECEMBER 26, 2019) (REUTERS) CHINESE COMMERCE MINISTRY SPOKESMAN GAO FENG ARRIVING AT WEEKLY NEWS CONFERENCE JOURNALISTS SITTING (SOUNDBITE) (Mandarin) CHINESE COMMERCE MINISTRY SPOKESMAN, GAO FENG, SAYING: â€œCurrently, both sides are in the necessary procedures of legal review, translation, proofreading, and are staying in close communication of follow up work of signing deals." NEWS CONFERENCE ONGOING
- Embargoed: 9th January 2020 08:31
- Keywords: U.S. China trade deal U.S. China trade war phase 1 trade deal
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Government/Politics,International Trade
- Reuters ID: LVA001BBM2AMF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: China is in close touch with the United States on signing a phase one trade deal, the country's commerce ministry said on Thursday (December 26), adding that both sides are still going through necessary procedures before the signing.
Gao Feng, commerce ministry spokesman, made the comments to reporters at a regular briefing.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday (December 24) he and Chinese President Xi Jinping will have a signing ceremony to sign the first phase of the U.S.-China trade deal that has been agreed.
China hasn't yet disclosed more information about whereabouts and details of the signing ceremony, but added that a public announcement would be made when the details were ready.
(Production: Wang Shubing, Fang Nanlin)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None