- Title: Indian fashion students showcase talent using traditional designs
- Date: 27th December 2019
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (English) IFJD STUDENT, SUHASI BHARBAYA, SAYING: "It is basically the Patan-Patola (traditional weaving pattern) that was a very amazing concept of this round, and we really liked this concept and participation (of the models). We have been so much effort till (for) one year one year on these garments, and it was the best. The models appreciated us for these garments, and it was the best."
- Embargoed: 10th January 2020 10:18
- Keywords: Chaniya choli Fashion show Gujarat IFJD Lehenga Patola Rajkot models
- Location: RAJKOT, GUJARAT, INDIA
- City: RAJKOT, GUJARAT, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA004BBR2YXB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Fashion designing students in India's western Rajkot city on Thursday (December 26) presented a colorful fashion show where they incorporated local weaving techniques using traditional patterns.
Models were seen sporting a range of ethnic attires with traditional Patola weaving and motifs. The models were in awe with the designs that were churned out of the young minds.
The collection included printed and embroidered 'Lehenga' (Indian long skirt), Chaniya Choli (traditional dress worn by women in eastern Gujarat state), and dresses with Indian and western fusion.
The students presented the show in 12 sequences, in which, over 140 designer attires were displayed.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None