- Title: Indian fashion students showcase talent using traditional designs
- Date: 27th December 2019
- Summary: RAJKOT, GUJARAT, INDIA (DECEMBER 26, 2019) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) MALE AND FEMALE MODELS PERFORMING A DANCE ON STAGE FEMALE MODELS WEARING CHANIYA CHOLI (TRADITIONAL ATTIRE FOR WOMEN FROM EASTERN GUJARAT STATE) WALKING ON THE RAMP/ MODELS PERFORMING A DANCE ON RAMP FEMALE MODEL SHOWCASING CHANIYA CHOLI SPECTATOR LOOKING ON MALE AND FEMALE MODELS WEARING DESIGNER DRESSES WALKING AND PERFORMING A DANCE ON THE STAGE FEMALE MODEL HOLDING THE HAND OF A FASHION DESIGNER STUDENT WALKING ON THE RAMP / MODEL AND STUDENT DANCING
- Embargoed: 10th January 2020 10:18
- Keywords: Chaniya choli Fashion show Gujarat IFJD Lehenga Patola Rajkot models
- Location: RAJKOT, GUJARAT, INDIA
- City: RAJKOT, GUJARAT, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA001BBR2YXB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Fashion designing students in India's western Rajkot city on Thursday (December 26) presented a colorful fashion show where they incorporated local weaving techniques using traditional patterns.
Models were seen sporting a range of ethnic attires with traditional Patola weaving and motifs. The models were in awe with the designs that were churned out of the young minds.
The collection included printed and embroidered 'Lehenga' (Indian long skirt), Chaniya Choli (traditional dress worn by women in eastern Gujarat state), and dresses with Indian and western fusion.
The students presented the show in 12 sequences, in which, over 140 designer attires were displayed.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.