- Title: Nasdaq winning streak ends, Dow ekes out record
- Date: 27th December 2019
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (DECEMBER 27, 2019) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) REGENTATLANTIC, PARTNER AND CO-HEAD OF INVESTMENTS, ANDY KAPYRIN, SAYING: "So, here's why I think the Rolling Stones are such an apt metaphor. It's less about the content of their songs and more about the length of their careers. Just when you think they're about to hang up those guitars and call it a great career, they go on another tour. And, but every time that they go on a subsequent tour, they hit a few fewer cities. They're getting older, just like the rest of us, and they don't have necessarily the stamina that they used to. In a lot of ways, the U.S. economy is like that. Just when you think it's ready to give up the ghost, it's ready to dip into recession, and there was a real fear of that about six months ago, we seem to have one more tour, one last hurrah left in us. That's why a recession is nearly off the table for 2020. But what is on the table for 2020? Slow, steady, kind of anemic growth of one to two percent."
- Embargoed: 10th January 2020 21:08
- Keywords: Andy Kapyrin Dow Jones Industrial Average Nasdaq Composite President Donald Trump RegentAtlantic S&P 500 U.S. stocks U.S.-China trade equities stock market tariffs trading
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Economic Events,Equities Markets
- Reuters ID: LVA004BBR4XAL
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The S&P 500 ended little changed on Friday (December 27) and the Nasdaq ended an 11-day streak of gains after some late-session weakness, although the Dow managed to eke out another record as investors paused after a year-end rally.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 23.53 points, or 0.08%, to 28,644.92, the S&P 500 gained 0.07 points, or 0.00%, to 3,239.98 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 15.77 points, or 0.17%, to 9,006.62.
(Production: Aleksandra Michalska)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None