- Title: Family lawyer seeks answers after Britons died in Spain
- Date: 28th December 2019
- Summary: MIJAS, SPAIN (DECEMBER 25, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF EXTERIOR OF RESORT
- Embargoed: 11th January 2020 21:40
- Keywords: Club La Costa World Resort Costa del Sol Mijas Spain father two children drown in Spanish pool
- Location: MIJAS AND FUENGIROLA, SPAIN
- City: MIJAS AND FUENGIROLA, SPAIN
- Country: Spain
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents
- Reuters ID: LVA007BBW1TMV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A lawyer for a British family whose three relatives died in a Spanish resort's swimming pool said on Saturday (December 28) a parallel investigation may be opened if the cause of deaths is not clear from a police investigation.
"It's not normal and very weird that three people died in the centre of a pool," Toro told reporters. "The family is not satisfied with the interpretation of it being a simple accident."
The Andalusia regional government said police arrived at the scene in Mijas, near Malaga, on Tuesday (December 24) after receiving a telephone call and found the bodies of a 53-year-old man, a nine-year-old and a 16-year-old floating in the pool.
Local media cited witnesses as saying the father and the 16-year-old son had jumped in the water to save the daughter who was drowning, but all ended up dead.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None