- Title: Pellegrini sacked as West Ham slide continues
- Date: 28th December 2019
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (FILE - JULY 24, 2018) (REUTERS) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF THEN NEWLY-APPOINTED WEST HAM UNITED MANAGER, MANUEL PELLEGRINI, HOLDING CLUB HOME SHIRT VARIOUS OF PELLEGRINI, WITH THEN NEW SIGNINGS, JACK WILSHERE AND FELIPE ANDERSON, HOLDING CLUB SHIRTS BEFORE NEWS CONFERENCE VARIOUS OF PELLEGRINI HOLDING SCARF READING (English): "IRONS" WILSHERE, PELLEGRINI AND ANDERSON AT NEWS CONFERENCE PELLEGRINI SPEAKING AT NEWS CONFERENCE (NOT A SOUNDBITE)
- Embargoed: 11th January 2020 22:01
- Keywords: Leicester Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United sacked
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA001BBW3EIN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Manuel Pellegrini was sacked as West Ham United manager on Saturday (December 28) after a 2-1 home defeat by Leicester City.
The sacking came at the London Stadium where West Ham's defeat proved the final straw for the club's owners, who after the Leicester defeat announced Pellegrini's dismissal.
After the loss had left the Hammers just one place above the relegation zone in 17th place, joint chairman David Sullivan announced in a statement: "It is with great disappointment that we've had to make this decision.
"We felt it was necessary to act now in order to give the new manager as much time as possible to try and achieve that goal."
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None