- Title: Music, dance, and sports enthrall visitors at Parsi festival in India
- Date: 29th December 2019
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) VISITOR FROM MUMBAI, DAIRAZ BANSHA, SAYING: "Every year the festival is improving, and every year something new is happening. As this year many sports have been included, and shows are also very grand. So, every year it is improving a lot."
- Embargoed: 12th January 2020 15:13
- Keywords: Gujarat India Iranshah Udvada Utsav Parsi Udvada dance festival music
- Location: UDVADA, GUJARAT, INDIA
- City: UDVADA, GUJARAT, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA003BC12LVZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Parsis in large number gathered on Saturday (December 28) to participate in the 'Iranshah Udvada Utsav' organized in India's western city Udvada.
Visitors, especially the Parsis from all over the world were seen participating enthusiastically in the third anniversary of the biannual festival, meant to unite the people and preserve the ethnicity of community.
A visitor from India's financial capital Mumbai, Dairaz Bansh said this year's celebrations were very grand, and the event was getting magnificent with each celebration.
Various events including, dance and singing performances, Parsi skits, fashion show of traditional attires, and sports enthralled the visitors in the three-day-long festival.
There are around 58,000 Parsis in India, a nation of 1.3 billion people. Yet, the community has included some of India's biggest business names, its top nuclear scientists, world-class musicians.
and several senior military officers including the country's first field-marshal.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None