- Title: Tesla delivers first China-made Model 3 sedans
- Date: 30th December 2019
- Summary: SHANGHAI, CHINA (DECEMBER 30, 2019) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** TESLA STAFF DRIVING TESLA MODEL 3 BOARD READING (English/ Mandarin) READING: "TESLA FIRST MADE MODEL 3 VEHICLE DELIVERY CEREMONY" TESLA MODEL 3 BEING DRIVEN INTO PLANT / STAFF CLAPPING VARIOUS OF EVENT PRESENTERS ON STAGE TESLA EMPLOYEES HOLDING BOARDS WITH PICTURES OF TESLA VEHICLES TESLA GENERAL MANAGER OF CHINA, WANG HAO, SPEAKING TESLA MODEL 3 ON STAGE TESLA EMPLOYEE STANDING BY TESLA VEHICLE VARIOUS OF TESLA BUYER PROPOSING / FIANCEE CRYING COUPLE POSING WITH CAR TESLA BEING DRIVEN AWAY
- Embargoed: 13th January 2020 12:50
- Keywords: China Tesla Delivery China-made Model 3 sedans Elon Musk
- Location: SHANGHAI, CHINA
- City: SHANGHAI, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA001BC61CNB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Tesla has started delivering Model 3 electric cars built at its Shanghai factory in just under a year since it began work on the $2 billion plant.
It's a record for global automakers in China, and the company said it would ramp up deliveries from next month.
The U.S. electric vehicle maker marked the start with an event on Monday (December 30) where 15 Tesla employees received cars they had purchased, one of whom took the opportunity to propose marriage to his girlfriend after getting his new set of wheels.
The China-made Model 3 sedans are priced at 355,800 yuan (Â£38,133.01) before subsidies. Imported Model 3 vehicles start at 439,000 yuan for the longer-range version, while the standard range plus model costs under $40,000 in the United States.
The Shanghai plant, up and running in just 357 days, is part of Tesla's plans to bolster its presence in the world's biggest car market and minimise the impact of the U.S.-China trade war.
(Production: Fang Nanlin)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None