- Title: Greta didn't eat for three months - father
- Date: 30th December 2019
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES (SEPTEMBER 18, 2019) (UNRESTRICTED POOL) GRETA THUNBERG SPEAKING
- Embargoed: 13th January 2020 12:19
- Keywords: Great Asperger's Syndrome Svante Thunberg Svante talking about her depression climate strike interview with Greta's father
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: Sweden
- Topics: Environment,Climate Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA005BC63CJR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Greta Thunberg's father has described how the Swedish climate activist battled depression in the months before she launched school strikes to push for climate action.
In an interview with the BBC, Svante Thunberg said his teenage daughter was hardly speaking to people apart from her family members, and went without eating for months before launching action on climate change.
On Monday (December 30), Greta joined forces with British naturalist and broadcaster David Attenborough to push politicians and businesses to step up action on climate change after a year in which schoolchildren took to the world's streets in protest.
Thunberg turns 17 this week. Her weekly vigils at the Swedish parliament have inspired millions of young people around the world.
(Production: Parul Gupta)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None