- Title: Dense fog in New Delhi reduces visibility, delays trains, flights
- Date: 30th December 2019
- Summary: NEW DELHI, INDIA (DECEMBER 30, 2019) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) VARIOUS OF VEHICLES PLYING WITH HEADLIGHTS ON, AMID THICK FOG PEOPLE STANDING AMID THICK FOG AS VEHICLES PASS BY VARIOUS OF PEOPLE INCLUDING, STUDENTS DRESSED IN WOOLLEN CLOTHES WALKING AMID THICK FOG PEOPLE STANDING AMID THICK FOG AS VEHICLES WITH HEADLIGHTS ON PASS BY PEOPLE DRESSED IN WOOLLEN CLOTHES WALKING (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) STUDENT, NEHA, SAYING: "We are facing problems like when we are going to schools then we are not able to see what all is in front and behind so we face problem in going to school that's why schools should be closed." PEOPLE INCLUDING A CHILD DRESSED IN WOOLLEN CLOTHES WALKING AMID FOG VARIOUS OF VEHICLES WITH HEADLIGHTS ON, PLYING ON A FOGGY ROAD PIGEONS SITTING ON BARBED WIRES SEEN AMID THICK FOG TREES SEEN AMID FOG VEHICLES WITH HEADLIGHTS ON PLYING AMID FOG PEOPLE WALKING (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) NEW DELHI RESIDENT, MAHESH CHANGI, SAYING: "After many days this kind of cold wave has hit Delhi so we have come here after wearing many layers of clothing and we are waiting at the bus stand. We can see what is near but far away tings are not visible at all." PASSENGERS WALKING AT AIRPORT SIGNBOARDS DIGITAL BOARDS SHOWING STATUS OF FLIGHTS PEOPLE WALKING SIGNBOARD READING (English, Hindi and Urdu) 'NEW DELHI' PEOPLE WALKING AMID FOG VARIOUS OF PASSENGERS WAITING (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) PASSENGER, NARENDRA KUMAR SINGH, SAYING: "The time table (schedule of train) is not fine. The train is 2-2.5 hours late, so after it comes from Gaya then only I can say anything. I have to go to Gaya in Bihar." GREATER NOIDA, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA (DECEMBER 30, 2019) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) (SD) VEHICLES PLYING AND PEOPLE WALKING IN A FOGGY AREA MANGLED VEHICLE LYING ON GROUND
- Embargoed: 13th January 2020 05:28
- Keywords: India New Delhi accident cold wave flights fog trains
- Location: NEW DELHI/ GREATER NOIDA, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA
- City: NEW DELHI/ GREATER NOIDA, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Environment,Weather
- Reuters ID: LVA001BC62R7Z
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS HIGH DEFINITION MATERIAL
Dense fog hovering over the Indian capital city on Monday (December 30) reduced visibility, delayed trains and flights causing inconvenience to locals and passengers.
Residents including, students who stepped out to go to work or school were seen wrapped in several layers of clothing to protect themselves from the bone-chilling cold.
A student, Neha said the students were facing many problems while going to school as they were finding it difficult to see the road ahead due to the fog.
Several domestic flights and trains were delayed due to poor visibility induced by fog. The passengers were left waiting for hours at the airport and railway station.
As many as 30 trains were delayed, 16 flights diverted and 4 of them cancelled, said media reports.
Meanwhile, at least 6 people were killed after a car fell into a canal reportedly due to low visibility in northern Greater Noida city.
Snowfall in states like Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh has a direct impact in other northern states like Punjab, Haryana, Delhi and Uttar Pradesh.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None