- Title: Iran says U.S. actions in Iraq are unacceptable
- Date: 30th December 2019
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (DECEMBER 30, 2019) (REUTERS) RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTER SERGEI LAVROV AND IRANIAN FOREIGN MINISTER JAVAD ZARIF SHAKING HANDS MEDIA VARIOUS OF TALKS IN PROGRESS LAVROV AT TALKS (SOUNDBITE) (Farsi) IRANIAN FOREIGN MINISTER, JAVAD ZARIF, SAYING (ACCORDING TO OFFICIAL TRANSLATION): "Despite the fact that Americans are thousand miles away from their borders, under a pretext of defending their rights they have drown people of Iraq and Syria in blood. The recent actions by Americans in Iraq are unacceptable. Americans do it, but Iran and Russia put efforts to establish peace both in Syria and in Iraq. The cooperation between our countries within Astana talks is proof o that." TALKS IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 13th January 2020 10:15
- Keywords: Iran ally Javad Zarif Kataib Hezbollah Russia Syrian crisis Zarif mideast security
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001BC63TXJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Iranian foreign minister Javad Zarif said on Monday (December 30) that recent U.S. action in Syria were unacceptable and that Iran and Russia work together to achieve peace in Middle East.
The U.S. military carried out air strikes against the militia group in response to the killing of a U.S. civilian contractor in a rocket attack on an Iraqi military base, U.S. officials said on Sunday (December 29).
Iraqi security and militia sources said at least 25 militia fighters were killed and at least 55 wounded following three U.S. air strikes in Iraq.
(Production: Alexander Reshetnikov, Dmitry Turlyun)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None