- Title: Solskjaer pleased with Manchester United's improvement
- Date: 31st December 2019
- Summary: BURNLEY, ENGLAND, UK (DECEMBER 28, 2019) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER, MANCHESTER UNITED MANAGER, SAYING: "Well we're improving and I think we can see more and more of what we want to be and our identity and what we're good at. We're making games suit our style more and more. We've played the same way for a little while and we're getting used to each other. We're quite a bit away still from where we want to be."
- Embargoed: 14th January 2020 09:34
- Keywords: Greenwood Manchester United Martial Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Rashford
- Location: BURNLEY, ENGLAND, UK
- City: BURNLEY, ENGLAND, UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA002BCB279B
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said he is delighted with the way his young side are developing as they prepare to face Arsenal at the Emirates on Wednesday (January 1).
United's young trio of strikers all found the back of the net over Christmas, Anthony Martial netting a brace while Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood also scored in the 4-1 Premier League home win over Newcastle United before Martial and Rashford were on the scoresheet again in the 2-0 victory at Burnley on Saturday.
The back to back victories have lifted United up to fifth place on 31 points while a return to fitness of key players has given Solskjaer cause for optimism as the club look for a top four finish and a return to the Champions League next season.
Martial netted his tenth goal of an injury-hit season against Burnley, the 22-year-old Rashford took his overall tally to 16 with a towering header - making it his best return in a campaign.
Solskjaer also had special praise for 18-year-old Greenwood, who has eased the burden on Rashford's shoulders with nine goals in all competitions.
(Production: Andy Ragg)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None