- Title: Berlin police say they are in control after attempted robbery
- Date: 30th December 2019
- Summary: BERLIN, GERMANY (DECEMBER 30, 2019) (REUTERS) POLICE AT CHECKPOINT CHARLIE POLICE WALKING PAST SHOPS AT CHECKPOINT CHARLIE POLICE VAN POLICEMEN WALKING PEOPLE WATCHING POLICE AT CHECKPOINT CHARLIE
- Embargoed: 13th January 2020 13:51
- Keywords: Berlin Checkpoint Charlie police robbery
- Location: BERLIN, GERMANY
- City: BERLIN, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Crime
- Reuters ID: LVA001BC62MH3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Berlin police surrounded buildings in Berlin's city centre after an individual fired shots, police said on Monday (December 30) on Twitter.
Shortly after, in a new tweet, the police said they were in control of the situation clarifying it was an attempted armed robbery at a store in the German capital.
"We currently believe the shot was fired in an attempted robbery on a shop in Friedrichstrasse. We have the situation under control," they tweeted, without saying whether anyone had been hurt.
(Production: Oliver Barth, Riham Alkoussa and Elena Gyldenkerne)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None