- Title: China intends to strengthen coorperation with Iran
- Date: 31st December 2019
- Summary: BEIJING, CHINA (DECEMBER 31, 2019) (AGENCY POOL) ***WARNING: CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF IRANIAN FOREIGN MINISTER MOHAMMAD JAVAD ZARIF AND CHINESE FOREIGN MINISTER WANG YI WALKING TOWARD EACH OTHER, HUGGING, SHAKING HANDS AND SPEAKING DELEGATES FROM BOTH SIDES SITTING VARIOUS OF WANG SPEAKING VARIOUS OF ZARIF SPEAKING BILATERAL MEETING IN PROGRESS
- Embargoed: 14th January 2020 10:10
- Keywords: China-Iran relation China-Iran strategy coorperation
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA001BCB164N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif visited Beijing on Tuesday (December 31) for the fourth time within a year -- a move highlighting China's close relationship with Iran, which is in a stand-off with the U.S. over its nuclear programme.
China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi held a bilateral meeting with Zarif and said both countries should strengthen political trusts and build comprehensive cooperation.
Zarif's visit to Beijing came as countries around the world are divided over their policies on Iran.
Last year, the United States withdrew from the 2015 Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action that puts limits on Iran's nuclear programme. It followed that in April with threats of sanctions on countries that continued to buy oil from Iran. Washington also sanctioned Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and Zarif.
(Production: Fang Nanlin)
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None