- Title: France's Macron: I want solid ties with post-Brexit Britain
- Date: 31st December 2019
- Summary: CALAIS, FRANCE (FILE - MARCH 28, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF TRUCKS BOARDING EUROTUNNEL FREIGHT TRAIN CHILLY-MAZARIN, FRANCE (FILE - FEBRUARY 25, 2019) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF CUSTOMS CONTROL CENTRE
- Embargoed: 14th January 2020 19:52
- Keywords: Boris Johnson Brexit Emmanuel Macron France United Kingdom
- Location: PARIS, CALAIS AND CHILLY-MAZARIN, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, CALAIS AND CHILLY-MAZARIN, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: European Union,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA003BCB3Z9J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French President Emmanuel Macron said on Tuesday (December 31) he wanted a strong relationship with post-Brexit Britain.
Speaking in his traditional televised New Year's Eve address to the nation, Macron said: "The United Kingdom's departure from the European Union is a test for our country. I will strive to maintain a solid relationship between our two countries."
Britain is slated to leave the EU on Jan. 31.
(Production: Ardee Napolitano)
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None