- Title: Italians welcome 2020 with swim in the sea
- Date: 1st January 2020
- Summary: CATANIA, ITALY (JANUARY 1, 2020) (REUTERS) MAN DIVING AND SWIMMING IN SEA MAN IN WATER WOMAN ENTERING SEA VIEW OF CATANIA PORT VIEW OF SNOW ON MOUNT ETNA BOATS IN PORT SEAGULL ON STREET LAMP MAN DIVING AND SWIMMING PEOPLE STANDING ON DOCK / MEN SWIMMING AS BOAT ARRIVES MAN SWIMMING PEOPLE SUN BATHING PEOPLE ON DOCK / CLOTHES HANG ON WALL MAN SUN BATHING PEOPLE ON DOCK LOOKING AT SEA WOMAN SWIMMING PEOPLE SWIMMING / PEOPLE ON DOCK LOOKING AT SEA
- Embargoed: 15th January 2020 15:29
- Keywords: 2020 Catania Italy New Year Sea Swim
- Location: CATANIA, ITALY
- City: CATANIA, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA001BUCD3RB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Some swimmers in Catania began the new year with a dive into the Mediterranean Sea on Wednesday (January 1).
Braving winter temperatures, most of the swimmers quickly returned to the dock after entering the water.
Residents and tourists enjoyed a sunny day with a mild temperature of 18 degrees Celsius (65 Fahrenheit) on the beach with the view of snow-covered Mount Etna in the background.
(Production: Antonio Parrinello, Oriana Boselli)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None