- Title: Carlos Ghosn's Tokyo house before he left for Beirut
- Date: 1st January 2020
- Summary: TOKYO, JAPAN (JANUARY 1, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF FORMER NISSAN CHAIRMAN, CARLOS GHOSN'S HOUSE IN TOKYO BEFORE LEAVING FOR BEIRUT
- Embargoed: 15th January 2020 08:57
- Keywords: Beirut Carlos Ghosn Japan Lebanon Nissan Renault Tokyo house trial
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN
- City: TOKYO, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Company News Markets,Economic Events
- Reuters ID: LVA001BUCAYBR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The imposing home where Carlos Ghosn lived for the last seven months and probably launched a daring escape to avoid Japanese prosecutors is nestled in a leafy enclave of Tokyo where most people pay little attention to Westerners or luxury cars.
The large, multi-level house is not far from the central Roppongi district in an area popular with western executives.
Three wireless security cameras peered out from the balcony above the brick porch. Under the terms of his bail, he had to have cameras installed at the house's entrance. Many homes in the neighbourhood had western luxury cars parked outside, including BMWs, Land Rovers and Bentleys.
No one came to the door when a Reuters reporter rang the doorbell. A double garage was shut and net curtains were drawn across the windows. Upper floor windows were covered by blinds.
(Production: Tim Kelly, Maki Shiraki, Akiko Okamoto)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None