- Title: India's Golden Temple lights up to commemorate birth anniversary of Sikh guru
- Date: 2nd January 2020
- Summary: AMRITSAR, PUNJAB, INDIA (JANUARY 02, 2020) (ANI - NO USE INDIA) BURNING CANDLES, HOLIEST SHRINE OF SIKHISM, THE GOLDEN TEMPLE, IN BACKGROUND PILGRIMS LIGHTING CANDLES LIT EARTHERN LAMPS PILGRIMS LIGHTING CANDLES AND EARTHERN LAMPS LIT EARTHERN LAMPS, GOLDEN TEMPLE IN BACKGROUND PILGRIMS GATHERED BY THE SACRED POND PILGRIMS LIGHTING CANDLES AND EARTHERN LAMPS DECORATED TEMPLE (SOUNDBITE) (Punjabi) PILGRIM, MEENU KAUR, SAYING: "We enjoyed it a lot. It was an amazing experience." VARIOUS OF FIREWORKS IN THE SKY FIREWORKS IN THE SKY/GOLDEN TEMPLE IN BACKGROUND PILGRIMS LOOKING AT FIREWORKS (SOUNDBITE) (Punjabi) PILGRIM, JASWANT SINGH, SAYING: "It was really good. The earthen lamp lightings were beautiful. We got to pay obeisance. We wish everyone on this auspicious occasion." PILGRIMS LOOKING ON FIREWORKS IN THE SKY
- Embargoed: 16th January 2020 16:53
- Keywords: Amritsar Golden Temple Guru Gobind Singh India Sikhism fireworks religion
- Location: AMRITSAR, PUNJAB, INDIA
- City: AMRITSAR, PUNJAB, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Religion/Belief,Society/Social Issues
- Reuters ID: LVA001BUHBMMN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT IS IN HIGH DEFINITION
India's famed Golden Temple shone bright with lights and fireworks filled the sky on the occasion of birth anniversary of a revered spiritual leader on Thursday (January 2).
Guru Gobind Singh is the 10th Sikh Guru, a warrior, poet, philosopher, and son of the revered 9th Sikh Guru Tegh Bahadur who founded the Sikh warrior community, Khalsa in the late 17th century.
After offering prayers at Golden Temple, Sikhs watched in awe as fireworks lit up the night sky above the holiest place of Sikhism.
Sikhs in India form about two per cent of over 1.25 billion population and are largely concentrated in the northern Indian state of Punjab and national capital New Delhi.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None