- Title: River fair in northeastern India draws huge crowd
- Date: 2nd January 2020
- Summary: VARIOUS OF PERFORMERS PLAYING TRADITIONAL INSTRUMENTS
- Embargoed: 16th January 2020 16:31
- Keywords: Assam Chirang Dwijing festival India culture elephants river festival wrestling
- Location: CHIRANG, ASSAM, INDIA
- City: CHIRANG, ASSAM, INDIA
- Country: India
- Topics: Arts / Culture / Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA002BUHBLU7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT IS IN HIGH DEFINITION
A 12-day-long river fair 'Dwijing festival' is grabbing eyeballs in India's northeastern state of Assam with hundreds of tourists thronging the banks of river Aie to take part in the New Year festivities.
The festival has a number of activities including adventure sports, helicopter rides, elephant rides and gives tourists first-hand experience of Assam's ethnic culture and cuisine.
The cultural extravaganza is being held annually since 2016 and provides employment opportunities to the local population while also promoting river tourism in the state.
- Copyright Holder: ANI (India)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.