- Title: French police shoot dead man near Paris after fatal stabbing - BFM TV
- Date: 3rd January 2020
- Summary: VILLEJUIF, FRANCE (JANUARY 3, 2020) (REUTERS) POLICE ON MOTORBIKES ARRIVING AT ROTUNDA NEAR KNIFE ATTACK SITE VARIOUS OF POLICE AND EMERGENCY SERVICE WORKER WALKING SECURITY SERVICES' VANS AT ROTUNDA JUDICIAL POLICE WALKING ON ROAD POLICE VAN POLICE AND SECURITY SERVICES' VAN AT ROTUNDA VAN EMERGENCY SERVICES VAN DRIVING PAST VAN AND TRUCK PARKED CIVIL PROTECTION RESCUERS' VAN PARKING EMERGENCY SERVICES WORKERS UNDER TENT VAN
- Embargoed: 17th January 2020 15:13
- Keywords: knife attack stabbing victims
- Location: VILLEJUIF, FRANCE
- City: VILLEJUIF, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,International/National Security
- Reuters ID: LVA001BUMDJ5Z
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: French police shot dead a man near Paris on Friday (January 3) after he went on a knife rampage in a suburban park, killing one person and seriously wounding two others, BFM TV broadcaster reported.
The attack happened in the town of Villejuif, near Paris. Police cordoned off the area around the park, and the deputy head of the French interior ministry was at the scene.
Two of the victims are in grave condition in hospital, the French station quoted sources close to the investigation as saying.
In October, four people were stabbed to death at the Paris police headquarters by an IT specialist working for the police. Prosecutors said that attacker, who was shot dead by police, had come under the sway of radical Islamists.
There was no immediate word on the identity of Friday's assailant.
(Production: Antony Paone, Michaela Cabrera)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None