- Title: Palestinians blame settlers for torching classroom in West Bank village
- Date: 28th January 2020
- Summary: EIN ABUS, WEST BANK (JANUARY 28, 2020) (REUTERS) CHILD INSPECTING BURNT DESKS IN CLASSROOM CLASSROOM TIMETABLE HUNG IN BURNT CLASSROOM PACK OF COLOURING PENCILS ON BURNT CLASSROOM DESK CHILD PICKING UP BURNT OBJECTS FROM CLASSROOM EXTERIOR OF SCHOOL WHILE COUPLE OF PEOPLE POINTING AT IT AND TALKING GRAFFITI ON EXTERIORS OF SCHOOL READING IN HEBREW 'DEMOLISH HOUSES? ONLY FOR ENEMIES! REGARDS FROM KUMI ORI (NAME OF NEARBY JEWISH OUTPOST) EXTERIOR OF BURNT CLASSROOM WINDOW (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) NASRI ABU KARSH, HEAD OF OFFICE OF MINISTRY OF EDUCATION IN NABLUS, SAYING: "In the early morning, we found out that there is a classroom that was burnt, and while checking on the situation of the school, there were racist slogans that were written in Hebrew." BURNT DESK CHARRED FLOORS WITH BURNT OBJECTS MOLTEN ON THE FLOOR INTERIOR OF BURNT CLASSROOM (SOUNDBITE) (Arabic) NASRI ABU KARSH, HEAD OF OFFICE OF MINISTRY OF EDUCATION IN NABLUS, SAYING: "We as schools in Northern Nablus are exposed to their (referring to Jewish settlers) violations and their disturbances, but these disturbances that the settlers carry out with the protection of the Occupation Army will not deter us, and will not impact our determination, the educational cycle will continue." EXTERIOR OF SCHOOL
- Embargoed: 11th February 2020 09:29
- Keywords: Israel Palestinians West Bank burnt classroom settlers vandalism village
- Location: EIN ABUS, WEST BANK
- City: EIN ABUS, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA001BY38NK7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Palestinians on Tuesday (January 28) blamed Jewish settlers for torching a classroom in a village near Nablus.
No casualties were reported but the school classroom in the West Bank village of Ein Abus was completely burnt down.
Graffiti in Hebrew sprayed on the school's walls read: 'Demolish houses? only for enemies! regards from kumi Ori', which is the name of a nearby jewish outpost.
About two weeks ago, local Israeli media reported the demolition of some structures in the outpost.
The incident comes several hours before the release of U.S. President Donald Trump's long-delayed Israel-Palestinian peace plan, which the Palestinians have already rejected.
(Production: Ashraf Shaweesh, Mustafa Abu Ganeyeh, Nuha Sharaf)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None