- Title: Palestinians clash with Israeli forces over Trump peace plan
- Date: 29th January 2020
- Summary: BETHLEHEM, WEST BANK (JANUARY 29, 2020) (REUTERS) ISRAELI ARMY JEEP FIRING TEAR GAS TOWARD PALESTINIAN PROTESTERS WHITE SMOKE BILLOWING FROM TEAR GAS BOMB MASKED PALESTINIAN THROWING STONES PALESTINIANS RUNNING AS ISRAELI JEEP FIRING TEAR GAS PROTESTERS BURNING U.S. FLAG PALESTINIAN PROTESTING AGAINST TRUMP PEACE PLAN BURNED TYRES/ PALESTINIANS THROWING STONES PROTESTERS COVERING THEIR FACES AND BURNING TYRES BURNED TYRES PALESTINIANS DURING AT PROTEST MASKED PALESTINIAN STEPPING ON THE U.S. FLAG PALESTINIAN THROWING TEAR GAS BACK TOWARD ISRAELI ARMY PROTESTERS CLASHING WITH ISRAELI ARMY NEAR MILITARY BASE IN THE ENTRANCE OF BETHLEHEM
- Embargoed: 12th February 2020 12:36
- Keywords: Israel Palestinians Trump plan West Bank annexation settlements
- Location: BETHLEHEM, WEST BANK
- City: BETHLEHEM, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA001BY889XJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Palestinians clashed with Israeli army in Bethlehem on Wednesday (January 29) over U.S. President Donald Trump's plan.
No injuries were reported.
Trump's proposal to create a Palestinian state as part of a Middle East peace plan drew Palestinian condemnation for imposing strict conditions, and praise from Israelis for allowing Israel to maintain control of long-contested West Bank settlements.
Trump set in motion a four-year timeline for Palestinians to agree to a security arrangement with Israel, halt attacks by the Islamist militant group Hamas and set up governing institutions in order to establish a Palestinian state with its capital in Abu Dis, a part of East Jerusalem.
That too poses a potential problem for Palestinians.
(Production: Roleen Tafakji / Mohammed Abu Ganeyeh)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None