- Title: Israeli troops kill 17-year-old Palestinian in violent protest
- Date: 5th February 2020
- Summary: HEBRON, WEST BANK (FEBRUARY 5, 2020) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF ISRAELI ARMY STANDING NEAR CHECKPOINT INSIDE HEBRON CITY PEOPLE GATHERED AT ALIA HOSPITAL / BODY OF AL-HADAD BEING CARRIED FROM AMBULANCE BODY OF AL-HADAD BEING CARRIED FROM AMBULANCE VARIOUS OF PEOPLE MOVING STRETCHER INSIDE HOSPITAL MEN KISSING BODY OF AL-HADAD AMBULANCE AND MEDICAL STAFF OUTSIDE HOSPITAL / SIGN READING (English): "EMERGENCY" EXTERIOR OF ALIA HOSPITAL IN HEBRON / PEOPLE GATHERED OUTSIDE HOSPITAL
- Embargoed: 19th February 2020 18:00
- Keywords: Israeli army Palestinians Trump's peace plan clashes killed
- Location: HEBRON, WEST BANK
- City: HEBRON, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA002BZC7JUV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES
Israeli troops shot dead a 17-year-old Palestinian on Wednesday (February 5) who was taking part in a violent protest against U.S. President Donald Trump's peace plan, witnesses and medical officials said.
Mohammed al-Hadad was the first Palestinian killed in unrest since Trump unveiled his plan last week to accolades from Israel but condemnation from many in the Arab and Muslim world.
Witnesses and medical officials said al-Hadad was shot as he took part in a protest in Hebron, a Palestinian city with Jewish settlers in the occupied West Bank, where Israeli troops were pelted with rocks.
An Israeli military spokeswoman had no immediate comment.
The Palestinians, who have long shunned the Trump administration accusing it bias towards Israel, say the peace plan falls far short of their demands for territorial and other rights. Washington deems many of those demands unrealistic.
(Production: Roleen Tafakji/Yusri Al-Jamal)
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None